Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has crossed Koch Industries Charles and David Koch to become the sixth richest person in the world. On Jan 28th 2016, the company’s markets increased by 13% which lead to him become one of the wealthiest persons in the world. The company earned a cool $1.6 billion in a single day, putting his new net worth at $33.3 billion.
These incomes of the company surprised everyone, as resulting in the rise in shares. The Facebook Company reported a 52% increase in fourth-quarter sales on Jan 28th 2016, whereas its net revenue saw a two times increase to $1.56 billion. As most of Zuckerberg’s fortune is tied to his holdings in Facebook, the stock price increase made him richer by $6 billion in one day.
Facebook CEO Mark Zukerberg is now worth $47.9 billion. There are few people who are richest than Zuckerberg as per Bloomberg data, who are: Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates ($78 billion), Zara founder Amancio Ortega ($69.7 billion), the Oracle of Omaha Warren Buffett ($59.4 billion), Amazon founder & CEO Jeff Bezos ($55.8 billion) and telecom entrepreneur Carlos Slim Helu ($47.5 billion).
Here is the Forbes World’s Top Ten Rich List (A little different than Bloomberg Data):
FORBES WORLD’S TOP TEN RICH LIST (IN REAL TIME)
Billionaire Net Worth (billions) Company/ source Country
- Bill Gates $76.2 Microsoft United States
- Amancio Ortega $68.4 Zara Spain
- Warren Buffett $59.8 Berkshire Hathaway United States
- Jeff Bezos $55.2 Amazon.com United States
- Carlos Slim Helu $49.5 Telecoms Mexico
- Mark Zuckerberg $47.9 Facebook United States
- Larry Ellison $44.1 Oracle United States
- Charles Koch $39.7 Diversified United States
- David Koch $39.7 Diversified United States
- Larry Page $37.5 Google United States
Notably, the five richest people in the world have seen their wealth decrease over the past year.